Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Source Error. Please contact the gateway administrator

Hi All,

We have a report connected toSSAS and running fine for over an year. All of a sudden this morning the report is blank with the erro message. "There was a data source access error. Please contact the gateway administrator". Please advice.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you check to make sure that the account you are using in the Gateway data source connection still works and is valid?

I am going to take a guess that the password has changed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @GilbertQ , the connection is successfull.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, 

first to discard do a manual refresh on the pbix power bi desktop, if all fine, go over to your gateway and be sure its the laste version, out of date gateways can get this kind of problem, also check the specific error its getting when manually refreshing on the service. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@StefanoGrimaldi thanks. I am not getting any error when i do manual refresh, but the report is still blank. If the gateway is out of date, how come other reports in other workspaces are working fine? This is the ONLY workspace that used SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) as a source. The rest of the work spaces and the reports use other sources. I logged on to the server that hosts the on-premises data gateway and its version is 3000.31.3

Thanks

its out of date, on the configuration panel on the gateway in the server or pc you can upgrade it, well when its out a date can be certain conectors got changes (not all conectors get updates each time) and power BI service its waiting a certain response of the gateway but as its out of date and the service on date it can crash certain conections, try updating the gateway to the last version: 

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1613424489088.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have updated the onine gateway service to the latest version and still have the same issue. Second when i goto the gatway settings it still shows a message saying that there is a latest version of Gateway available. Please need help.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @StefanoGrimaldi , can you please post the link to download the latest version? Is there a way we can set it to auto update whenever a new version is out there?

no cant be set to auto refresh, and you dont need a link, enter you gateway configuration program on the computer or the server, log in the account of power bi that have the gateway and on the first main menu theres its a option to upgrade the installed one, if you dowload a new one you will be promp to reinstall the program no upgrade it maybe lossing the gateway configurated in it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@StefanoGrimaldi thanks

I have updated the onine gateway service to the latest version and still have the same issue. Second when i goto the gatway settings it still shows a message saying that there is a latest version of Gateway available. Please need help.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous 

You can visit Power Platform admin center to view the details of all installed gateways. Find the versions and devices they are installed on, and update the ones that have been out of date. After updating all the gateways in this gateway cluster, check if this problem still occur.

Reference:

On-premises data gateway management

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors