Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Source Credentials Option Greyed Out for ODBC Connection (Denodo)

Hi Community,

I am using 32 bit ODBC DSN to Connect Report builder to Denodo. I have Created Paginated Report using Configured 32 bit ODBC DSN and Report is working fine in Report Builder but when i published same report, it is not working in Power BI Service.

"Unable to render paginated report

A data source used by this report returned an error. An exception encountered while accessing the target data source ERROR [08001] ERROR: SSL connection required ERROR: Connection error: Check the host name and port number are correct, and that client and server belong to the same Denodo major version. DETAIL: java.sql.SQLException: Connection error: Check the host name and port number are correct, and that client and server belong to the same Denodo major version."

Also Data source Credentials option got grayed out. 
what is the possibe reason and how can i resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Pravin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have changed connection string in report builder by removing all other struff and keeping only DSN="Dsnname". It worked for me. Also microsoft is working on this. i think this could be bug.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

Sorry for not being able to reproduce your problem, you can refer to the following link.

https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/platform/installation/postinstallation_tasks/change_the_host_name/change_the_host_name

https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/document/denodoconnects/6.0/Denodo%20Power%20BI%20Custom%20Connector%20-%20User%20Manual

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

When creating the DSN, please pay attention to the operating system version as well as the data source drivers. For an x64 based OS, there are two versions of ODBC Data Source Administrator:

• The 32 bit odbcad32.exe is located in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder
  • The 64 bit odbcad32.exe is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder

Please use the same version odbcad32.exe and the same version data source driver to create the DSN. The official documentation mentions that File DSNs aren't supported. If you'd like to use a DSN, create a 64-bit System DSN on the gateway machine.
Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yalanwu-msft ,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have installed 32 bit ODBC driver and created 32 bit DSN with the name azurepbigwODBC for ODBC connection with Report Builder.

Then I have added same DSN on 64 bit Gateway machine. Also i have added ODBC DSN in "Manage Gateway" power BI Section but no sucess.

Note: I have 32 bit and 64 bit both ODBC drivers installed on my local machine and gateway machine have 64 bit gateway.DSN ISSUE.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have changed connection string in report builder by removing all other struff and keeping only DSN="Dsnname". It worked for me. Also microsoft is working on this. i think this could be bug.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors