cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bezos Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Data Source Credentials Greyed out

Hello, 

I have a simple query that retrieves the time from a website. The query works in Power BI desktop and I can publish it to Power BI online Workspace. I want to be able to refresh the dataset in the published online version but it will not let me, it is greyed out.

This is the query from the desktop:

let
    Source = Web.Page(Web.Contents("http://localtimes.info/North_America/United_States/Arizona/Phoenix/")),
    Data = Source{1}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Data,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}}),
    #"Transposed Table" = Table.Transpose(#"Changed Type"),
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Transposed Table", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Current local time:", type time}, {"Date:", type date}, {"Time zone:", type text}, {"Current time zone offset:", type text}, {"Twitter Share", type text}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Custom", each [#"Date:"] & [#"Current local time:"]),
    #"Changed Type2" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"Custom", type datetime}})
in
    #"Changed Type2"

And this is a screenshot of the greyed out Data Source Credentials:

Capture.PNG

Why can't I schedule this to refresh??

11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

Re: Data Source Credentials Greyed out

For this particular code, it is expecting you to have a Gateway set up.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Bezos,

By my tests, if you install the Data gateway(personal mode) and edit the credential with Anonymous, then you could set up the schedule refresh.

gateway.png

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Bezos Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your responses. Why does this code require a Gateway to be installed? Is there a way to allow the code to be refreshed without a gateway? I don't know if using the gateway is an option, as my computer is not always powered on.

I would like this to work without a gateway. I have a separate query that uses an excel file from sharepoint to create a report. This query refreshes automatically with some Sharepoint magic. Then, when I added the query above to the original query to get the time, it wouldn't let me automatically refresh with the Sharepoint magic. Does that make sense?

So is there a way to have the two queries together so that they both refresh automatically? 

Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Bezos,

Actually, we don't need to configure the date gateway as your data source is online. 

For online source, it will refresh automatically.

However, if you want to set schedule refresh, you should set the data gateway. You could install your gateway in a server always online.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Bezos Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm actually unable to refresh the entire data set. This is what happens when I try and manually refresh the data from the workbook -> refresh now:Capture.PNGThis was my original question, why am I unable to refresh this data set?

Bezos Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

So if I install the personal gateway, the report will refresh, but only if my laptop is powered on. So this is not a solution afterall Smiley Sad

Minseven Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hi, did you find the solution?

I'm facing the same problem. My data are located in my Sharepoint environement, and I don't want to use a gateway (Thank you IT guy)

How to refresh my reports?

Super User
Super User

If its SharePoint Online, you wont need a gateway, but if its SharePoint on Premise you will.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Bezos Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

No I couldn't find a solution Smiley Sad

Ross73312:

Were you able to get it to work with the query I posted? Why doesn't this particular code work to automatically refresh??