Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bezos
Regular Visitor

Data Source Credentials Greyed out

Hello, 

I have a simple query that retrieves the time from a website. The query works in Power BI desktop and I can publish it to Power BI online Workspace. I want to be able to refresh the dataset in the published online version but it will not let me, it is greyed out.

This is the query from the desktop:

let
    Source = Web.Page(Web.Contents("http://localtimes.info/North_America/United_States/Arizona/Phoenix/")),
    Data = Source{1}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Data,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}}),
    #"Transposed Table" = Table.Transpose(#"Changed Type"),
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Transposed Table", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Current local time:", type time}, {"Date:", type date}, {"Time zone:", type text}, {"Current time zone offset:", type text}, {"Twitter Share", type text}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Custom", each [#"Date:"] & [#"Current local time:"]),
    #"Changed Type2" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"Custom", type datetime}})
in
    #"Changed Type2"

And this is a screenshot of the greyed out Data Source Credentials:

Capture.PNG

Why can't I schedule this to refresh??

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I faced the same problem, and to fix this, I open the Power Query in PBI Desktop, and refresh all the query previews and then save the PBI desktop file again. and then when I refresh the PBI dataset in PBI services online, the warning goes away.

Hope that works for you as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bezos  The issue is that you have used Web.Contents in your source line and therefore need a gateway.  If you are using SharePoint online, you need to change your Source line in your M code to something compatable with "Connect Directly"

Anonymous
Not applicable

If its SharePoint Online, you wont need a gateway, but if its SharePoint on Premise you will.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For this particular code, it is expecting you to have a Gateway set up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors