Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bezos
Regular Visitor

Data Source Credentials Greyed out

Hello, 

I have a simple query that retrieves the time from a website. The query works in Power BI desktop and I can publish it to Power BI online Workspace. I want to be able to refresh the dataset in the published online version but it will not let me, it is greyed out.

This is the query from the desktop:

let
    Source = Web.Page(Web.Contents("http://localtimes.info/North_America/United_States/Arizona/Phoenix/")),
    Data = Source{1}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Data,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}}),
    #"Transposed Table" = Table.Transpose(#"Changed Type"),
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Transposed Table", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Current local time:", type time}, {"Date:", type date}, {"Time zone:", type text}, {"Current time zone offset:", type text}, {"Twitter Share", type text}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Custom", each [#"Date:"] & [#"Current local time:"]),
    #"Changed Type2" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"Custom", type datetime}})
in
    #"Changed Type2"

And this is a screenshot of the greyed out Data Source Credentials:

Capture.PNG

Why can't I schedule this to refresh??

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I faced the same problem, and to fix this, I open the Power Query in PBI Desktop, and refresh all the query previews and then save the PBI desktop file again. and then when I refresh the PBI dataset in PBI services online, the warning goes away.

Hope that works for you as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bezos  The issue is that you have used Web.Contents in your source line and therefore need a gateway.  If you are using SharePoint online, you need to change your Source line in your M code to something compatable with "Connect Directly"

Anonymous
Not applicable

If its SharePoint Online, you wont need a gateway, but if its SharePoint on Premise you will.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For this particular code, it is expecting you to have a Gateway set up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors