Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arusky
Frequent Visitor

Data Source Credentials - Failed to Update Data Source Credentials

Hi,

My company is using Oracle database and it has been fine refreshing PBI reports daily until this morning.

The remote desktop was automatically restarted with Windows update last night, so I turned the personal gateway back on this morning.

However, when I try to refresh the datasets, it required me to update the Oracle dabase credential.

When I try to do, I get following message: Failed to update data source credentials: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.

arusky_1-1621265782465.png

When I check the desktop's personal gateway, it looks fine. The status is online and ready to be used, and Network ports test is completed (succeeded).

Please advise.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It happened to the latest version of Gateway. I could resolve the issue by installing the old version of Gateway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arusky,

Sorry for delay reply.

Many issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.

It's a good general practice to make sure you're on the latest version.

If you haven't updated the gateway for a month or longer, consider installing the latest version of the gateway. Then see if you can reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It happened to the latest version of Gateway. I could resolve the issue by installing the old version of Gateway.

Hi @arusky,

Okay, you can do the following steps to prevent you from being troubled by the same problem again.

1. Download the latest versionvgateway. You konw, many issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date. 

2. Update the data source credentials in Power BI Desktop.

3. Republish the report and check.

Hope it helps. 😉

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ProphetDoomUC
Regular Visitor

Yep seeing the same thing. The only short-term fix is to delete and recreate. It will load 1-time refresh fails.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors