Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moe_elbohsaly
Helper I
Helper I

Data Source Connection Error

I cannot connect to my data source either through app.powerbi.com or through Desktop.

ActivityId: 7ffeabd1-5b10-4631-8060-8f852bd25372

RequestId: fe1f94dc-7917-4ad8-a9d3-c3cdb4615738

Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com

Status code: 500 Time: Thu Sep 29 2022 17:01:26 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi , @moe_elbohsaly 

According to the error message,I think you can check the credential you configured . And you said that it worked in on a previous laptop .  You can check whether you use the same gateway , and ensure that the computer on which the gateway is installed can access the data source.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Do you think it's a server issue? Since I can connect to the data source from different client applications. And the service provider hosting my database still didn't confirm if they have a network downtime.

Hi , @moe_elbohsaly 

According to the results of our background database query, the request ID provided is reported as follows:

"TIMESTAMP": 2022-09-29T14:01:48.5092241Z,

"EventText": Exception object created: Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ServiceContracts.PowerBIGatewayException: Received error payload from gateway service with ID 1386032: Mashup expression evaluation error. Reason: ..(wrapped: GatewayClientErrorResponseException/Received error payload from gateway service with ID 1386032: Mashup expression evaluation error. Reason: ..),

For this , you can oprn your raw .pbix file and enter the Power Query Editor to check each step under each query for error messages.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

I have tried to setup the gateway on a previous laptop I had and it worked! I don't know why these errors emerge once I do the same setup on the desktop.

Hi , @moe_elbohsaly 

According to the error message,I think you can check the credential you configured . And you said that it worked in on a previous laptop .  You can check whether you use the same gateway , and ensure that the computer on which the gateway is installed can access the data source.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Both gateways are different because each is a distinct machine. Anyways, I reverted back to the already working laptop and will never both myself to troubleshoot it on the Desktop.

Error codeDMTS_DatasourceHasNoCredentialError
Data source errorDatasource has no credentials
Activity Idd528493e-c3ea-47ff-b420-ac7782a77178
Request Id6d7edd46-7617-436e-868b-b93eedab0c84
TimeFri Sep 30 2022 10:26:10 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time)

What about this error code? ErrorCode=-2147467259

I am in Power Query window

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors