Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

burak
Frequent Visitor

Data Sensitivity

Hello everybody!

I have a couple of questions that I could not find any answers from the Internet.

I am working with a high sensitive data. Therefore, I should "hide" them from my clients. So, nobody should see the actual data. They should only see the visuals.

1- There is an option that called "Analyze in Excel" when I share my dashboard with clients. I would like to disable this feature.

2- I have tried to "publish" a map to the web. When hitting right click, there is an option "see records" which shows all data again. I would like to disable the right click or "see records" feature when I publish something. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @burak

To answer the Question 1,

You can disable the analyze in excel in admin portal, You have to have admin rights for this.

admin.PNG

For Your Question 2

Currently, There is no direct way to disable see records but before publishing from power bi desktop if you right click columns and hide them then they won't appear under See Records. Alternatively if possible, you change connection based on directquery rather than import and you won't get See records options. You can select which one is prefrred method.

For the future improvements, Please vot at this idea at HERE.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @burak

To answer the Question 1,

You can disable the analyze in excel in admin portal, You have to have admin rights for this.

admin.PNG

For Your Question 2

Currently, There is no direct way to disable see records but before publishing from power bi desktop if you right click columns and hide them then they won't appear under See Records. Alternatively if possible, you change connection based on directquery rather than import and you won't get See records options. You can select which one is prefrred method.

For the future improvements, Please vot at this idea at HERE.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors