Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Security - One Drive, SharePoint, Any other ways

Hi,

I would like to build an app on collecting data from the Field which would be used by technicians. I would like to upload the data on One Drive in an Excel Sheet or SharePoint list.

If I have to interface the Power app to One Drive in an excel, the sheet will have to be shared and the Field Team could access the data.

If I have to interface it through SharePoint List - which I feel is better, since I face lot of errors when interfacing it with One Drive.

Still on the sharepoint webpage the team will be able to access the data.

I do not have a premium access in Office 365, what will be the best way to collect these details and make sure that the sensitive data is not accessible to the team.

My sheet contains 51 columns and 1500 rows -  which needs extensive data collection.

4 REPLIES 4
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

If you want to restrict your teammates to get your resource, loading your file into your Onedrive or Sharepoint are all useful.

I have a test on my Onedrive and sharepoint.

My teammates don't have access to my Onedrive.

1.png

My teammates need to be member in my sharepoint site to get access to it.

2.png

Then you can get data source from onedrive or sharepoint to build your report.

For more details you may refer to blogs as below.

Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop

Create a report on a SharePoint List

If you want to restrict your teammates to see data in your report by their email, you can try dynamic RLS.

After you build a dynamic rls, your teammates can only see the data you want them see in your report.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-rzhou-msft 

Thanks for your reply.

I am buiding a Powerapp, where in the Powerapp editS the details of the sharepoint list. The app is like a data collection software. The user edits the list and inputs details into the sharepoint list.

For the team member to edit the form, ofcourse I will have to give access to the sharepoint list - isnt it

For the powerapp, I have to share with user. But for them to eidt, I think I have to give access to sharepoint list. The Sharepoint list can be easily downloadble by the user if given access to sharepoint list.

I tried One drive business, and its the same. For Powerapp to edit a form and provide details, I have to give access to the excel sheet. Moreover, I stopped using one drive business with Powerapp, since it always keeps showing up some kind of error.

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Anonymous
Not applicable

It  has not been solved.

I am not confused, my problem is how will I deny access to the whole data or list in sharepoint, when my data is linked with Sharepoint List through Powerapps for the team members to edit in powerapp.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors