Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Data Refreshses Enterprise Gateway Failing Scheduled and On Demand

We are again getting multiple data refresh errors with our On Prem datasets. Some refresh ok all the time others refresh. Some are big queries that take a few minutes when successful some are very quick but still fail?

We upgraded our gateway install last week it mainly workked with only a few fails for a week or so and now I am back to constant failures. I can't even manually refresh the datasets, I have to refresh locally and re-publish.

This is driving me nuts, it all worked fine for months and during the last month it has been a constant job of manually refreshing. Below is an example of a real quick and simple dataset that suddenly refuses to refresh.

QuickRefresh.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

just noticed when I manually refresh the dataset I get a Timed Out message immediately. 

TimedOut.PNG

UPDATE: This on demand one actually completed ???? 

Hi @gooranga1,

You can follow below article to see the find out the local log:

Troubleshooting the On-Premises Data Gateway

It will be help for troubleshooting if you share some detailed information about the issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors