cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Data Refreshing On Power BI Service

Team , 

I have Daily report oon Power BI service. I set schedule refreshing for every 30mn daily in the Morning. I'm not sure whether i can manual refresh on power BI service ( Refresh Now Button under Schedule Refresh) which is not meet with the schedule i set ? 
I want my data to refresh by only click refresh on Power BI service rather go to Power BI desktop. 

Your iinput comment is much apprecaited. 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Data Refreshing On Power BI Service

Hi @Chanleakna123,

Of course, you can click Refresh Now to manually refresh the dataset any time, it has nothing to do with schedule time. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft I dun know why it never works when I click refresh now on power BI service until the time reached (schedule refresh ) and it works… can u tell me whether we should remove schedule refresh or what ?

zoloturu
Advisor

Hi @Chanleakna123,

1. What is your data source and where it is located (on-premise or cloud)?
  2. How long is it takes to refresh in Power BI Desktop?

Regards,

Ruslan

@zolo , my data source on one drive. I use power BI service on schedule refresh to refresh the data.
Normally ,refresh took around 10-15mn.
I rarely getting refresh on desktop. Mostly going to Power service. And when I click refresh now. It always doesn’t work until the schedule refresh by itself
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @Chanleakna123,

When you click Refresh Now, is there any message prompts you "Preparing for refresh"? 

You can go to the Refresh History to check if there is a record of manually refresh. The Type column should display as On demand. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @Chanleakna123,

Are you able to refresh manually for the dataset now? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu