Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Data Refreshes using Enterprise Gateway on App workspace

Created an app workspace, published an existing pbix file to it and when I go to the refresh tab on the dataset it does not recognse our Enterprise Gateway. This refreshes fine on a normal gateway. Do we need to update our gateway app on our gateway servers to get this running?

AppWorkspace.PNGStandardWorkspace.PNG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Actually @v-huizhn-msft it looks like a permissions problem with my login that has caused this issue. 

Let me get that sorted to oget it working again.

Sorry about that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gooranga1,

Did you install the On-premises data gateway or Personal gateway? Based on your error message, you want to use Personal Gateway, but the personal gateway is uninstalled. So you need to install a gateway first, then sign in the gateway using the same Power BI account. The following first picture shows the personal gateway sign in surface, the second one shows the on-premises gateway.

personal gatewaypersonal gatewayon-premises gatewayon-premises gateway

Best Regards,
Angelia

Actually @v-huizhn-msft it looks like a permissions problem with my login that has caused this issue. 

Let me get that sorted to oget it working again.

Sorry about that.

Hi @gooranga1,

Congratulations, you find the cause by yourself. Please mark the right or helpful reply as answer, so more people will find the solution easily.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Actually it isn't a permissions problem @v-huizhn-msft

I cannot get access to our Gateway connection for any of our exisiting datasets. We have been using this for 18months and have dozens of datasets set up and neither me nor 2 recently set up colleagues can see datasets? Only 1 of us now can set up datasets and scehdules?????? I can add new data source to a gateway and I can see the gateway is up and running ok bit if I publish a report or try to take over a schedule on a dataest it says I have no gateway set up??

This is a nightmare situation as no one can modify schedules except one person now. I have checked with our network team and as far as they are concerned everything is set up a ok. This seems to be a change on powerbi?

workingschedule.PNGNoGateway.PNGGatewaySetup.PNG

Hi @gooranga1

You'd better open a new thread about your this issue. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

We already have an on premises enterprise gateway set up. Personal gateways are no use to us. The question is why when I publish my pbix file to an App workspace I have no option to select our already installed enterprise on premises gateway? The selection is unavailable. But this enterprise gateway is available in all our standard workspaces?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors