Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Refresh not updating table

I have a scheduled Data Refresh. It was working all good. But since last two days, data is not Refreshing. Refresh Schdule is saying Success in 14 min, but there is no Data in any Reports. If I run the query in SQL Server, it is getting data properly. Even the Desktop version is Refreshing all good.

Any idea why this is happening on Power BI Service (Onine) and how can we fix the issue ? It is impacting one of the Production Report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

try the follow: `

1) check all the table queries, go to properties and be sure all have the update on refresh option seleccted, its just below the option for not loading the querie to the report. 

2) Re Publish the PBIx to the service and check all gateways, etc. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

1. Power bi will cache the final state of the visual object. If the report shows outdated data, select the "Refresh" button of the report to trigger the refresh of all report visual effects.

v-yangliu-msft_0-1617687351500.png

2. You can set to refresh in the browser to get the data automatically, and then you can get the latest data after the scheduled refresh.

Reference: How to Auto Refresh Pages on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera (guidingtech.com)

Regarding the content of data refresh, you can check the following documents:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data

There are also related content, I hope to help you:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Scheduled-Refresh-Succeeds-but-Data-Won-t-Update/m-p/1321786

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/dataset-doesn-t-update-when-refresh/m-p/941222

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

try the follow: `

1) check all the table queries, go to properties and be sure all have the update on refresh option seleccted, its just below the option for not loading the querie to the report. 

2) Re Publish the PBIx to the service and check all gateways, etc. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi StefanoGrimaldi,

I'm facing similar issues. Data is coming from an excel is SharePoint. The excel file is updated everyday. The Power BI Table visual does not pick up the latest data. I have to manually press the "refresh visual" in the power bi report so the visuals can pick up the latest data. 

"check all the table queries, go to properties and be sure all have the update on refresh option seleccted, its just below the option for not loading the querie to the report."
- could you please add an SS to locate this option? 

Thank You 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors