Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tcallender007
Frequent Visitor

Data Refresh Fails for Online Data Sources

Issue: Unable to refersh data.  All sources are Online (SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business)   I recieve a message saying that I do not have a gateway configured.

• Note, that I do not always get the message that the refresh failed.  Most of the time there is just a quick flash of the a message in the upper right hand corner and then nothing. 
  • Once or twice I have gotten the mssage about the gateway

If I go to Schedule Refresh the Settings screen displays the message about needing a gateway (screen shot below) and the settings for the Scheduled refresh are disabled.

I have found several strings in the forum with the same problem dating back to 2015 and 2016 - but I have not found any threads started within the last several months. 

• Has this issue been resolved and I am just missing the answer"

Screenshot (2).png

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tcallender007,

Maybe you need a gateway though all the sources are online. Please refer to personal-gateway#online-data-sources.

>>>If you are using the Web.Page function, you only need a gateway if you have republished the dataset or your report after November 18th, 2016.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors