Frequent Visitor

Data Refresh Error: The specified package is invalid. The main part is missing.

Hello, I am experiencing an error that I haven't experienced yet.

During a refresh in the PBI Service, I am receiving the below error:

Refresh error.png

The table is similar to any other table in the dataset, nothing unique about it. If I disable the table and disable the refresh for the table, the dataset refreshes correctly. If I refresh in PBI Desktop, the dataset refreshes fine. It is a large dataset and not sure if that would have any impact on this.

After doing some research I do not see any other sources about what this error message means or how to resolve it. 

Thanks for all your help!

Community Support Team

Re: Data Refresh Error: The specified package is invalid. The main part is missing.

Hi @cnelson,

What is your data source? What do you mean "disable the table and disable the refresh for the table"? Please update data gateway to the latest version for a test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data Refresh Error: The specified package is invalid. The main part is missing.

Hello @v-yulgu-msft!

The data source is an excel spreadsheet located in a SharePoint document library.

What I mean't by "disable the table and disable the refresh for the table" was in power query disabling the load and disabling the refresh for the table. This shows that I was able to reduce the issue down to this specific table.

Data Gateway in not needed in this instance because it is a cloud storage location.

I haven't ran across this error before and am not sure what it means nor how to resolve it.

Thanks!

Carl Nelson