Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kleighton
Helper II
Helper II

Data Missing after Service refresh

Hi, 

After publishing a report from Desktop to Power BI Service some data is missing from 2 tables, not all data but some.

If i download the .pbix again and open it in desktop, the data is missing from the table view, but if i go to edit queries i can see the data again. Performing a refresh again in ReportView makes the data appear in the reports.

If i publish the report to Service again, after the inital refresh, the data is missing again.

The 2 tables both have date fields which have been changed to type: date in query editor and have relationships with a calendar table. My Gateway is updated to the latest version.

The image below is the contents of one of the tables for this month in Desktop before uploading to service- 24rows

desktoprec.PNG 

Next, the same table after uploading to Service and letting it refresh, then downloading the pbix and opening again in desktop - 7 rows

servicerec.PNG

Finally, Clicking Query editor for the above table

serviceeditor.PNG

All the rows are there, just not being displayed. If i close query editor and click refresh in Report view, the rows come back..

Help Appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kleighton
Helper II
Helper II

Okay, so i found the problem, and after all i suppose it's my fault 🙄

In my sql query for these two affected tables, i had the following IN condition using two words using the Finnish character Ä

queryerror1.PNG

So dekstop handled this just fine but Service not. My bad.. Thanks for the assistance

Keith

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kleighton
Helper II
Helper II

Okay, so i found the problem, and after all i suppose it's my fault 🙄

In my sql query for these two affected tables, i had the following IN condition using two words using the Finnish character Ä

queryerror1.PNG

So dekstop handled this just fine but Service not. My bad.. Thanks for the assistance

Keith

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kleighton ,

Does this report apply any filter, RLS or bookmark in Power BI Service? And could you please try to rename the related report file and republish it to Power BI Serive?

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay in my response. No RLS or Bookmarks, Lots of filters within the report but i havent put any on Service specifically.

I tried to save with a different name and publish, Same problem, Data is fine until you refresh from Service. 

as far as steps in editor goes,

editor.PNG

Im changing from Date/Time to Date only. 

I have quite a lot of other reports in service and have never seen this..

and i just tested removing this step from editor, so leaving as datetime and still the same issue, when refreshing from service.

I dont understand whats going on here?

Hi @kleighton ,

Thanks for your feedback. Please check the solution in this thread, maybe you have similar issue with this one. Hope it can resolve your issue.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @kleighton,
that's a rather strange issue.
Can you show us the query steps in the Query Editor? Is there a filter applied over there maybe?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors