Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JorisVoorn
Employee
Employee

Data Labels with Security Policy

Dear all,

I would like to present all up data in Power BI, however data will show data of our partners, that are competitors. We dont want to show Account Manager of partner "AAA" data of partner "BBB", but still we want to provide view on data of particular account "AAA" and all up view where will be "BBB" data covered as welll.

So idea is to have some dynamic hierachy of partners which based on RLS will be showing respective partner data and all other partners will be covered in hiearchy "Others".

So basically data will be like in first picture, but if will be logged Account Manager for AAA partner he will see just picture 2.

Is thre any way how to do this?

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

BR

Pavel

image.pngimage.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @JorisVoorn ,

I don't think it is possible to use hierarchy field to achieve your requirements in pie chart.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you add a calculated column to group your fields to the original name and other, then you can use this field to replace the original data category to mask these detail types which you used on pie chart.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for reply, but case I have presented was just demonstration of issue, for one partner your solution would be possible to use, but as caclulated column is not dynamicly changing based on filters I would need to create masked other partners for every singly partner and in case you imagine 50+ partners this solutions would lead to unamanageble solution.

Best regards

Pavel

Dear Xiaoxin,

That is not solution for my problem, as your proposal would solve that just for one particular account, the core of issue is that I would need to have shown Account flexible based on access rights of users (RLS).

BR

Pavel

Hi @JorisVoorn 

I believe you can use RLS to achieve this. Create 2 roles, "All Access View" and "Limited Access View". For All Access View, you can leave it as it is. For Limited Access View, you can create a filter expression in the "Manage Roles" function that does something like this: If Table[Partner] = "AAA" then "AAA" else "Others"

I am not entirely sure about the syntax but that's the logic of it.

When you publish this up to Services, remember to assign everyone that has access to the report the roles they should have, else, they will not be able to view the visual.

Hope this helps!

Daren

Sorry but my issue was still not resolved, so could any moderator please uncheck topic as solved and unmark this reply as solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors