Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mytwospence

Data Gateway Mapping Inconsistent with Data Sources

I have a model that is maintained through the XMLA endpoint that contains two data sources both of which need to be mapped through a data gateway. After updating the server name of one of the data sources (via TMSL command), the data gateway connection still lists the previous server name for specifying the mapping. Is there a way to get the gateway mapping to reflect the new server name?

Here is a pic of the mapping (server names redacted), The first source (my-db-server) is correct. The second source uses "other-server", but should be using "my-db-server" as seen in second screenshot.

mytwospence_0-1626795334888.png

Results from running "select * from $system.TMSCHEMA_data_sources" against the dataset using the XMLA endpoint.

mytwospence_1-1626795549068.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mytwospence

Thanks for the reply @v-xiaotang . The issue wasn't with the data gateway data source, but the data source in the model itself. Your response did make me think to try deleting the data source in the model with a drop tmsl command, and then run a create tmsl command. Before I was just doing a createOrReplace tmsl command, which apparently doesn't update the data gateway bindings. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mytwospence

Thanks for the reply @v-xiaotang . The issue wasn't with the data gateway data source, but the data source in the model itself. Your response did make me think to try deleting the data source in the model with a drop tmsl command, and then run a create tmsl command. Before I was just doing a createOrReplace tmsl command, which apparently doesn't update the data gateway bindings. Thanks for the help!

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mytwospence 

I suggest removing the second data source firstly, and then new a data source with database "GDB"

vxiaotang_0-1626922082703.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors