Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nfietz
Helper I
Helper I

Data Gateway Error: The parameter is incorrect.

After uninstalling the gateway software from the C:\ drive on a server and reinstalling (using the migrate option) to the D:\ drive, I'm getting the following error message when I try to create a new data source: Unable to create a data source. There was an error in the data gateway. [Gateway Cluster Name]: The parameter is incorrect.

I tried it with both a SQL Server and Oracle source and got the same message. I also tried restarting the gateway. The only thing I did differently on the reinstall/migration besides the drive it's on was used a service account name for the email address, rather than my personal email address. The data sources that existed before the reinstall/migration seem to still be working, as their status says "Online." 

Any insight into what could be causing this error?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nfietz
Helper I
Helper I

Seems like maybe it just needed some extra time to sync up all the changes. I didn't do anything, but about an hour later it was working again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelWash
Helper I
Helper I

I had to uninstall and reinstall the Gateway to get it to work for me.

nfietz
Helper I
Helper I

Seems like maybe it just needed some extra time to sync up all the changes. I didn't do anything, but about an hour later it was working again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors