cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpayne Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Data Flows - not able to connect to APIs (web.content) or Cosmo DB...

I copied some M queries I have from a PBIX into flows and they could not be validated.

APIs failed on the anonymous authenticaion type which works in the PBIX (gateway needed?...). 

Cosmo DB failed because of "missing module" ... but the query wors in the desktop PBIX.

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Data Flows - not able to connect to APIs (web.content) or Cosmo DB...

Hi @jpayne,

Based on my test, it could work on my side:

1.PNG

Could you have tried to configured gateway for your datasource?

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jpayne Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

We shouldnt need a gateway, i dont think - our data is not On-Prem, it all comes from Cosmos DB (JSON) and APIs (web content).

Also, for the APIs we are using anonymous connection, with no token. It works in PBIX.

It does not work in PBIS or Data Flows.

Is it possible to make the protocols for API connetion in PBIS and Data Flows match those in PBIX - they work in PBIX,..

Highlighted
v-danhe-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @jpayne ,

Based on my research, if you want to use the web as data source, you have to configure a gateway for your web:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh#on-premises-data-gateway

I have tested the authenticaion in dataflow, it seemed that I need to enter windows account, I suggest to have a try.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 190 members 2,022 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: