cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Data Flows Schedule refresh not working consistently - Urgent help needed

Yes Buddy.. I tried that and i didnt find any issues . we have almost 150 reports which run on this gateway every day and they are even scheduled to refresh every one hour (datasets) .  we didnt come across any major issues. 

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Community,

on other end, I captured the refresh history shown in screen shot below. It says that when we are approaching business hours(EST ) , data flows started taking more time or not executing at all. In off hours, they run pretty quick. But I am not sure how to make the data refreshed in this business hours where more users login and look for reports. 

Kindly assist !! 

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is there any other dataset refresh during dataflows refresh during business hours?

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Yes we do have (Say some 25 datasets) . But given a seperate memory allocation for data flows(10 gb), we expect the data flows to run fast . If not, data flows can never be a solution for us . 

Please assist ! 

G Venkatesh

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I attached one more screen shot. This data flow contain a single entity which retrieves only 30 records.  Just before some time, it just took few seconds to complete. However, it is still running when i triggered it now. 

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I want to post some more updates regarding the issue. 

- In the workspace data flows are residing , Only 2 dataset refreshes are happening at this time when data flow is refreshing . 

- There are no paginated reports running at all. 

I have provided sufficient information. So i would request you to provide me suggestions based on information i have provided.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Try to run dataflows refresh on their own without any other dataset that could make contention on Gateway and see if something changes.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I will try to do that . I do not want to stop the refreshes in between. 

Would creating a seperate workspace for data flows a good idea?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It depends.

If the problem is caused by preassure on the Gateway or because of low resources setup at capacity level it won't solve your issue.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Could you please tell me how i have to check the resources that are set up at capacity level ? As far as i know, We are runing on P1 which holds more capacity.  I understand there are many other workspaces in my Org that uses resources.  We though being on premium services can help us run n number of reports and resources are enough to manage datasets refreshes and data flows . 

We looked at Memory space and CPU utilisation. What else we can check to make sure there is nothing wrong we are doing from environment side . 

G Venkatesh 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors