Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frequent Visitor

Data Flow - specify how to connect after filename change

Hi,

I'm using a dataflow to transform an unordered/untabled excel into something useful for a couple of datasets.
This was working fine with the 2020.xlsx file. Sadly it got removed from the sharepoint and is now the 2021.xlsx file.
the small change needed to be done - change the web contents url from ...2020 to ...2021 is causing issues.

The "Please specify how to connect." message will pop up and login/logout changes don't help at all. How can I deal with this really basic problem?

Codepart leading to error:

let
Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://someones.sharepoint.com/sites/aFolder/2021.xlsx"), null, true),
#"Importantlist" = Source{[Item = "Importantlist", Kind = "Sheet"]}[Data]
in
#"Importantlist"

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Go to Data Source Settings  and clean out the old permissions.

Generally you want to avoid hard coding the file name in the source string. Use the Folder connector instead and then filter down to the file you want.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Go to Data Source Settings  and clean out the old permissions.

Generally you want to avoid hard coding the file name in the source string. Use the Folder connector instead and then filter down to the file you want.

Thank you. That was as easy as I thought.

I stopped using the SP Folder Connector as I was forced to use a SP with tens of thousands of csv files on it - I'll however follow you advise when not connecting to said SP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors