Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ryan_b_123
Frequent Visitor

Data Flow Issue - The specified connection name already exists...

I am trying to create a dataflow and getting below error:

"The specified connection name already exists. Choose a different name or refresh the list of your available connections"

How do I either 1) locate and delete the duplicate data flow (there doesn't appear to be any)?  2) Rename the dataflow to something else?

6 REPLIES 6
VictorSaavedra
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I am getting this same error but with data marts, in fact, it happened with my first data mart, so there is no "same name" issue. My guess is that thiere is an error but the message is not correct. I'm pretty sure the error has to do with the gateway, which works for the person that set up the gateway, but doesn't work for me, in spite of me being an Admin person too.

ryan_b_123
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply, Rico.

Unfortunately the dataflow doesn't exist in my workspace.   I created a new workspace to test, and tried again and got the same error.  I am not sure how to change the name of my dataflow.  It looks like the name is created from the server and database you are connecting to?

What I am thinking happened was that the dataflow was created in a workspace, then the workspace was deleted (but the dataflow remains).

Hi Ryan,

Did you find a solution?
I have the same problem at the moment and trying to solve the problem.

I did.  The answer below me did not work.  I ended up connecting with Microsoft support and going to settings-manage gateways and finding the duplicate data flow there.

Thank you so much for your answer.

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ryan_b_123 ,

1. Please check existing dataflows in your workspace.

1.png

2. You can rename current dataflow and try again. Check whether you could create a dataflow successfully.

Here is an Offical blog about how to create Power BI dataflow.

For reference: Creating a dataflow

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors