Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chandrarao
Frequent Visitor

Data Export to Excel limited

A report we have currently has 12-13k rows but when exporting we receive less than 10k rows. We do not know why this is happening. But the current export limits are far greater as far as I know.

Someone explain the reason behind it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chandrarao,

Based on document, I found the size limit is 30k (free user)/150k(pro user).

For more detail information, you can take a look at below article:

Export data from Power BI visualizations

Limitations and considerations

•The maximum number of rows that can be exported is 30,000 (for Power BI Free users) and 150,000 (for Power BI Pro users).
•Custom visuals, and R visuals, are not currently supported.
•If there is unicode in the .csv file, the text in Excel may not display properly. Although, opening it in Notepad will work fine. Examples of unicode are currency symbols and foreign words. the workaround for this is to import the csv into Excel, instead of opening the csv directly.

Can you share some detail content about your issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chandrarao,

Based on document, I found the size limit is 30k (free user)/150k(pro user).

For more detail information, you can take a look at below article:

Export data from Power BI visualizations

Limitations and considerations

•The maximum number of rows that can be exported is 30,000 (for Power BI Free users) and 150,000 (for Power BI Pro users).
•Custom visuals, and R visuals, are not currently supported.
•If there is unicode in the .csv file, the text in Excel may not display properly. Although, opening it in Notepad will work fine. Examples of unicode are currency symbols and foreign words. the workaround for this is to import the csv into Excel, instead of opening the csv directly.

Can you share some detail content about your issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. I have 65,000 rows and I am a PowerBI Pro user. Why is this happening?  

yes   i am  having the same problem  in particular the desktop  export is even worse. 

In fact in addition to this it does not export  any complex measures  like  calculate ( sales ; sameperiodlastyear (date))  if you had a report  that has a column of last years sales. 

Can anyone have a soluton to complex  measures to export to a spreadsheet ?

Colin 

Thanks v-shex.

I will try this and let you know the status.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors