cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aasheesh1 Member

Data Colours change in Power BI Service

Hi,

I find my a particular bar graph in my Power BI desktop has the data colour as Blue. After publishing to the service, the data colour changes to maroon. Tried everything.. doesn't seem to remain blue. How to fix this? Is there a bug?

Thanks,

Aasheesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aasheesh1 Member

Re: Data Colours change in Power BI Service

@nospang@v-shex-msft,

I used a work around by adding multiple values and then changing the default colour to the colour i wanted and then removing the multiple values. It works.

Thanks for all your inputs.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aasheesh1,

Which visual you use? Can you share some detail content about this issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
aasheesh1 Member

hi @v-shex-msft,

I am using a normal stacked column chart. the second visualisation icon in the power bi desktop.

The column is coloured in blue (colour code - 008AFF) in my power BI desktop.. but when i publish it to power BI Service the same column changes to maroon with the same colour code.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aasheesh1,

I can't reproduce your issue, it works on my side.(the custom color not changed, other color has changed)

Capture.PNGServiceCapture2.PNGDesktop

Which version of power bi desktop you used? If you re-publish a report with sample content, does this issue appears again?

My test environment: Win10 64bit, power bi Version: 2.45.4704.442 64-bit (April 2017).

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
hitzand Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I created an issue about this yesterday.  There seems to be a bug in the service.

hitzand Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@v-shex-msft Try it with bars that have only a single color/value. 

Highlighted
nospang Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I can reproduce and confirm this issue occurs when published with one value.

As an additional issue it is now also not possible to use a color other than the standard color (with a single value) in Power BI desktop with the latest update (May 2017).

I have created a workaround by adding a dummy value in order to use more than one value.

aasheesh1 Member

@nospang@v-shex-msft,

I used a work around by adding multiple values and then changing the default colour to the colour i wanted and then removing the multiple values. It works.

Thanks for all your inputs.

View solution in original post

denveroed Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This bug seems to be back and it's killing me! 

My bar chart and pie chart colors change when I publish to the web, and my image file is missing completely. 

Help!!!

doyleg_OEH Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue with custom colours set in the Desktop then changing upon publishing to the service. I am pretty sure I used Format Painter to apply the colours to a new visual from an exisiting one with the correct pallette, so I think this was the cause in my case.

My fix was to go into each colour and open the custom colour dialogue, delete the last character of the hex string and then immediatly replace it (tricked it into thinking there was a colour change) and hit enter. Had to do this for each colour in each new visual but it stuck upon publishing to the service.

Cheers

Gavin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,660 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: