Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Colours change in Power BI Service

Hi,

I find my a particular bar graph in my Power BI desktop has the data colour as Blue. After publishing to the service, the data colour changes to maroon. Tried everything.. doesn't seem to remain blue. How to fix this? Is there a bug?

Thanks,

Aasheesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, @v-shex-msft,

I used a work around by adding multiple values and then changing the default colour to the colour i wanted and then removing the multiple values. It works.

Thanks for all your inputs.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
darrenfishell
Advocate II
Advocate II

This remains an issue, with single-color column charts, at least. It's happening for me when setting a visual to the default values for a theme.

Color management in PowerBI needs an overhaul -- please fix and allow for colors to be set for a dimension, so they are consistent across charts. 

JackAttack
Regular Visitor

Continue to have this issue myself - even across two charts on the same page using the same dimension for the Legend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you pin the visual make sure you select the correct theme option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are still experiencing this issue, but appears to only be certain users in our organization. Its fine for some users and incorrect for others, we have closed and re-opened browsers as well. We will test the suggested options and see if that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tested the workarounds with no luck, I've opened a support ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi y'all!

I am still facing this issue with a line chart.

Tried everything, including, rebuilding the report, changing the last HEX character, nothing seems to work for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Yes same is the scenerio in my case.
Just need to wait maybe for some fix by microsoft

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @cv_01 @Anonymous Update!

Today without any additional work (not even refreshing the dataset), my reports appeared with the right colours. It looks like there was a bug which was sorted by Microsoft on the background. I'll keep an eye anyway as it may appear again. I hope yours are fixed as well in the coming hours but let me know.

Kind regards,

NDE 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've been publishing a report for a while now and I just published the last refreshed version and the colours have changed. I tried changing the colours both in the desktop version and online and once I publish they revert back to random colours. It's only 1 visual (line chart with multiple lines) so far affected. Nothing has resolved the issue. This report uses colour references thorughout various tables and other charts so I really need to fix it. Please help!  

I am experiencing the same issue. Colors displayed in the service is different than the desktop version after publishing. Seems to have changed this weekend. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried republishing the original report that I created this thread for, and the colours are working fine. @cv_01 , @Anonymous , have you tried 'modifying' the colours by opening the Custom Color box, and just deleting & retyping the last character of the hexadecimal colour code? It updates something inside of Power BI, and is what fixed the issue for me originally.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous thanks for your reply. I tried that and also changing completely the colour on the desktop version and also online but not luck with it. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is really frustrating now for the customers as well, as it represents their brand, and this bug is creating a lot of problem internally in the organization, workaround works for some but not for all, we need a solution to it which I think Microsoft has been ignoring since 2017. This issue is consistent from past so many years and no solution to a bug with workarounds involving lot of extra time and efforts.

Please tell us what to do avoid such a things going forward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I raised the ticket with Microsoft the very same day and they were really very helpful to fix the issue quickly.
Thanks to Venkata from Microsoft support team to help on this.

Regarding the problem description there was Regression Issue which has been fixed by the new code in the backend. It's a bug from the Line visual which has been fixed by the product group in the new code.

Let me know if it is working for everyone now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Great news to hear the issue has been found and resolved! Thanks for raising it directly with Microsoft. 🙂

It has been workign for me now, not sure about the others @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @cv_01  ?

Kind regards, NDE

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one user saying the issue resolved and waiting to hear from the other, but sounds like this solved it. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have actually JUST experienced this problem again. I upload one of my reports to multiple workspaces. When I did so yesterday, my report had different combinations of colours in every single workspace! When I opened my .pbix again and manually changed the last digit of the colour code and reuploaded, it finally changed all three workspaces into the same colour.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully it did be same now going forward, if not we can always raise a ticket and walk through to the problem.

Keep us updated if that issue persist.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI tried republishing my report yet again but didn't expeience the issue. This seems to be a report-level issue; but still, I'm not sure what the resolution is.

I was able to address this issue by recreating the charts in my report. This is one of my older reports, maybe active since 2018. Trying a few different things I have noticed that if I switched the charts, I could keep the colors. Ultimately I had to delete the line chart and redo it. My guess is that something in the line chart didn't compute with whatever new released and caused the confusion. Also my other newer reports with line charts didn't have this issue. Deleting and redoing the chart, at least for me, solved the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors