Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tow
Frequent Visitor

Data Alerts cannot be set on cards of dashboard created on Azure Stream Analytics streaming data

Hi!

It was said, the limitations with data alerts would be the visuals (cards, gauges, kpis) and that they do not work on STATIC data.

What I created does not violate ANY of the rules, but still I am not getting the alert bell when I click on the ellipsis of the card visual.

My dataset gets created by the Azure Stream Analytics Job I defined and then I click "add tile" and choose the data stream from my Job. There I choose card. I just display the current value, the max value, min value and the average value each in a seperate card of course). All come from the data set and are live data (so changing and NOT STATIC) numeric values.

What am I doing wrong here?

7 REPLIES 7
weeyin

I am having the exact same issue - did you resolve it by using a different browser or did it just start working one day?

Tow
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

it just started working somehow...

Thanks, Microsoft Support are saying using this method isn't possible unfortunately.  So will have to rethink how I create "cards" and alerts. 

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Tow

I can't reproduce your issue. I can see the data alert icon on card visual created with streaming data.

1.PNG

2.PNG

33.PNG

Can you refresh the web page on browser and try again?

Regards,

Hm, that's weird. A colleague of mine has the same problem as me.

I did refresh it several times.

What can I do to help you help me? 🙂

EDIT: I did create the dashboard directly from the streaming dataset added by the Azure Stream Analytics. Could it be, that I have to do it in a different way? Or could it be a setting in the Azure Stream Analytics?

EDIT2: Would it be possible that you somehow RECORD your WHOLE process from the dataset to the dashboard?

@Tow

I just add a tile in dashboard, and retrieve data from the streaming dataset. 

55.PNG

56.PNG

57.PNG

There's no specific setting on Azure. Please refer to a blog about steps: Stream Analytics and Power BI Join Forces to Real-time Dashboard.

If this issue still persists, please create a support ticket for more assistance.

Regards,

Ok, thanks. Now somehow the option of data alerts appeared on our tiles. Without us changing anything. 😉

But now we click save and close, but they never finish creating. Is there a current problem here? Because none of my colleagues can manage to finish the creation of their alert. No limitations are violated of course 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors