Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tsapat
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dashboards tiles not showing values

We are facing issues with dashboard tiles, where data is not displayed and the tile menu is not what it is supposed to be (entries missing), so we cannot go into Focus mode, edit or even delete them. Included is a screenshot of the tile with the menu as it shows right now.

The funny thing is that the tile right to the left is from the same report (just with a filter applied to it) and is functioning properly.tile-bug.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey all -

This issue should now be fixed - dashboard tiles built on RLS datasets should now render correctly.

-Sirui

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
MWpower
Frequent Visitor

Am I the only one still having the blank visualzations? I have RLS enabled..

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tsapat,

I'd like to suggest you use go to report feature to check the source report if it can't success loading data.
BTW, have you remove/modify the original report after fininshing pin this report to dashboard? I think your issue may related to it.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

We are having the same issues and after reading the posts below its only happening to dashboards with RLS.  No Dashboard Display.JPG

Hey all - there is currently an issue where dashboard tiles built on datasets with Row-Level Security enabled will not load for end users. It will continue to work for those with edit permissions on the content. I believe that is causing the issues mentioned here. If anyone here is seeing the same issue on a dataset without Row-Level Security, please let us know.

The workaround in the meantime is to navigate to the report by clicking on the tile. 

We are working on a fix for this as quickly as possible.

Hey all -

This issue should now be fixed - dashboard tiles built on RLS datasets should now render correctly.

-Sirui

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am currently facing the same issue. Can you please let me know a workaround for that?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's fixed, thank you very much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have an ETA?

We are having this issue with dashbaords based on datasets that DO NOT have RLS, and even for people who CAN edit the content.

The report is working fine.

I can confirm now that the issue is related to RLS. I removed all RLS, published and the tiles are working properly. Then I republished the dataset with RLS enabled again and the tiles displayed the same problem. I have assigned myself to an RLS role but I don't think that is an issue since I am an admin of the workspace. Removing the RLS again corrects the problem.

I had modified the RLS (added a role) prior to publishing the dataset in the first place, and in any case the RLS is working as expected when I test the roles.

This is a problem since we definitely need RLS to work as designed!

OL
Frequent Visitor

Exactly the same situation described in all our systems with all our users. Started on 15.10.2017

Anonymous
Not applicable

This just started happening to me today, 10-16-2017.  My team is drowning me in emails and IM's and I can't fix it.  And now I can't even delete any tiles to start over, suddenly the Delete feature is gone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors