Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DoesDataThings
Frequent Visitor

Dashboards not saving/updating

Hi All,

Whenever I try to remove a tile from a dashboard, it is removed for the duration of my login to the web service. However, if I close and re-open my browser, the removed tile is added back to the dashboard. This also happens when I try to delete an entire dashboard - when I re-open the online service the dashboard reappears. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DoesDataThings,

Based on my test, once we deleted the dashboard or tiles, we can't see this dashboard or tiles in Power BI service. In your scenario, please follow below steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. After delete the dashboard or tiles without sign out and sign in , does the dashboard or tiles disappear in Power BI Service immediately?

2. Make sure the account sign in the Power BI Service after you reopen the browser is the same one as you delete the dashboard and tiles.

3. Sometimes, there might have delay. Please refresh the Power BI Service after some minutes to see if issue persists.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks for getting back to me. The dashboard and tiles disappear immediately after i delete them. However, they continue to come back. I only use one account to sign in and out of the Power BI service - my enterprise account. 

This issue has continued to persist over the past several days and has made it very diffucult to do any work in the Power BI service 😞

Hi @DoesDataThings,

Please change a browser to sign in the Power BI Service. As the dashboard and tiles disappear immediately after you delete them, I guess there are some cache in the browser.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have changed my browser to Microsoft's Internet Explorer and the issue still persists. I have also tried clearing the cache on my origional browser (chrome) to no avail. Whenever i hit "refresh dashboard tiles" the deleted tiles reappear.

However, over the weekend, it looks like the two dashboards I deleted last week (which kept coming back) were deleted for good. Does this help at all?

Thanks!

Hi @DoesDataThings,

Please use audit log to check the create dashboard and deleted dashboard activities in this period to find if you can find anything. See: Auditing Power BI in your organization.

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors