Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lewand03
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboards are not refreshing

HI All,

After publishing my report to WEB and refreshing data then the "WEB" version still remains the same.

I found some posts with advises:

1. to add &refresh=5 parameter,

2. repin dashboard

After playing with different scenarios part of the WEB page was refreshed, but some graphs are still showing old data...

Any advise? how I can force system to show the lates data?

Thanks,

Dariusz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lewand03,

From this official document, data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual. It can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes. If your dataset contains large amout of data rows, it might spend long time updating.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lewand03,

What did you mean dashboard in above post? 

Based on my understanding, you came across the problem that the report published to web didn't update data, right? Is there any slicer in your report? If you refresh the web page manually, will the report show latest data? You said "some graphs are still showing old data", how did you create those graphs?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

By Dashboard I mean report published on WEB (From Report View: File->Publish to WEB). Pinned report as dashboard is working fine however there is no drill down functionality so I cannot use it.

Yes, I have slicer with time restriction done on a oage level filter. The restrinction is done base on Time dimention:

Last 365 days = if(AND('DIM Date'[Date Range]<=TODAY(),'DIM Date'[Date Range]>=(TODAY() - 365)), "YES", "NO")

And filter is Last 365 selected as YES.

Graphs are also time based (same dimension as slicer).

Additionally I have couple of "KPI" brics which are showing information from current day

Today = if('DIM Date'[Date Range]=TODAY(),"YES","NO")

and yesterday when I was testing my report (WEB version) after couple of hours graph was showing proper data (KPIs still data from day before yesterday) and today morning the whole report is showing data from yesterday correctly.

It seems that refreshing WEB version of this report takes quite a long (more than couple of hours) even with parameter refresh...

Any advice?

Regards,

Dariusz

Hi @lewand03,

From this official document, data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual. It can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes. If your dataset contains large amout of data rows, it might spend long time updating.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Make sure that when you pinned those visuals that you did not have some kind of filter in place that is excluding your new data.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Smoupre,

I have a dynamic filter which is restrictind data for 365 days from current day ( TODAY() ). Can it be the issue?

If yes, then how I can do that differently to always see the latest information?

Thanks,

D.

Possibly, but I'd have to know more about your data, your model and the new data that you added. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors