cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afernando Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Dashboards are not refreshing

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

Thanks for the reply. I would imagine that a page refresh (F5) should refresh tile regardless of automatic refreshes. But like I mentioned in my last comment it's not the case.  
Do you have any suggestions on how can I make real 'Live' dashboard? 

Thanks

Super User III
Super User III

@afernando If you want to stick to dashboard tiles, then there is no "live" mode unless you are streaming data. You can pin a live page, which when the user interacts will show the latest if using Direct Query. It is interesting that the F5 doesn't work...

What is the end goal? Are you displaying this and you want it to automatically update?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Regular Visitor

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

The end goal is to have a dashboard that refreshes immediately displayed on a TV/Screen. We are a food manufacturing company that operates 24/7 and use PowerApps to record data.

For example, I want to be able to see how many pallets have been made (as recorded in PowerApps) on a live basis. I looked into Azure stream analytics and couldn't find a way to connect a PowerApp into it. 

Any thoughts how would this be possible?

Thanks

Super User III
Super User III

@afernando (High Level Here)

I wondering if you can use the combination of your Power Apps set up with Microsoft Flow. Or use Flow independantly to connect to your dataset and push the stream of info to Power BI. They just released this capability not to long ago to create a streaming dataset to tiles... see here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Regular Visitor

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer. Will give it a shot and let you know. Cheers

amerfarhan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

When we pin the Live report to dashboard it appears very small in mobile app. This solution does not work for mobile app. Any solution.

Highlighted
mchaponis Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Support ticket with Microsoft vanished into the ether...

I received a phone call back from one gentleman asking if I received a call from Microsoft Power BI team yet and I told him no. He had nothing additional to offer, sadly. 

This morning, after rebuilding my dashboards over the weekend, I came in to find the dashboards and data sets not matching again. This is very frustrating and I am unsure of how to continue using this service! 

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I should start looking?

- 4 Datasets - On Prem Gateway Refresh scheduled for 4 times a day. 

- 2 Dashboards linked to said data sets. 

- No fancy DAX or anything. Just standard visualizations. 

What am I doing wrong?

amerfarhan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

If you are using slicers and they are selected when you are pinning the tile , it will still applied in dashboard, at least once this happened to me. Try to pin tiles from a report with no filters and slicers. See if refreshes.
mchaponis Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I will check it out. 

chatelainsamuel Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi My dashboard is not refreshing properly this morning. Can you help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors