Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI-ELM
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard using push data set refreshing slowly

Hello,

I have a Push Dataset and have built a report and pinned some visuals on a dashboard.   The dataset structure is only a few fields. Nothing fancy.

On the back end I have a C# program pushing data up at about 1 record per second.

When I first set this up a few days ago it seemed to be refreshing the dashboard in near real time.  Today it is really laggy.   I can see no differrences in the setup/network/etc.  It is just that the refresh rate is not very consistent.  

Is a variation in refresh rate of the dashboard something to be expected?  Or am I doing something wrong.   I am doing a proof of concept project for someone who needs near real time monitoring of sensors in an industrial environment.   Before I present it to them I would like to see it work consistently.

What factors control the refesh rate of a visual (pinned on a dashboard) based on a push data set ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBI-ELM ,

Do you always use the same dashboard twice? Do they have any new changes in content?
Slow refresh can be caused by many reasons, the report itself or the surrounding environment, the analytics engine can have an impact on it.
Have you tried using automatic page refresh?

Automatic page refresh in Power BI 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors