Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

csimon
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard tiles not rendering

I have created a Power BI group and uploaded reports from pbix. files to this group and created a dashboard. I am the administrator for this group. I have also created a content pack which includes the dashboard, reports, and datasets. I have given users permission to this content pack. When a user uses 'Get Data' and uploads this content pack to their 'My Workspace' the dashboard tiles will not render properly. they just see an empty tile showing only the Power BI icon. They can click on a tile and they are taken to the report as usual and the report renders fine. I have tried adding users to the group as both members and admins and removing them completely from the group with no changes. I can pull the dashboard into my 'My Workspace' and everything works as expected. Any help would be appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was facing the same issue and had raised it with Microsoft. Unfortunately i did not get a response yet(it's been over a month now).

We had shared the app with the user and the dashboard tiles were not loading. Even though the user had access to the underlying tabular model from where the data was sourced. Also the user was able to open the report successfully on clicking the tile.

After a lot of trial and errors at access level on dataset, tabular model, app, i just shared the dashboard with the user to see if it works. Post which it started working on the shared dashboard as well as the previously shared app. So sharing the dashboard directly is the thing that did the trick for me .... 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a solution to this??? It is happening for few users and only for the tiles which are sourced from SSAS tabular model. 

rcole27
Regular Visitor

Is there any update on this issue?

I have had the exact same issues as csimon and tried the same remedies and the issue persists.  

Prior to having to extend our Power BI Pro trial licensing this wasn't an issue, however this maybe coincidental.  It is not browser dependent and the same tiles that don't render in the web client also don't render in the mobile client.

Users that previously had no problem with the dashboard (prior to the trial license extension) now have some of the tiles not rendering (they just have a grey Power BI symbol on them), or if they click on Focus mode, the reports won't load - all they see is a X in a circle with 'See Details' underneath it.  I can re-pin the tiles and they will then render properly, but the underlying reports will not.

Thanks 
Rosemary Cole

Is this resolved I am seeing this issue too.

csimon
Frequent Visitor

I have now found that if i pin a live page to a dashboard it renders with no issue. 

csimon
Frequent Visitor

I have also found that if my user makes a copy of a report that is used in the dashboard(s) that are not rendering and then creates a new dashboard everything works as expected.

csimon
Frequent Visitor

After the user signed out of power bi and came back in thei morning the dashboard created from the copied reports has not started behaving like the other dashboards.  All that displays is an empty tile.  Capture.GIF

kehoz
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Not sure if the problems are related, but I get the same issues when using custom visualizations.  

They don't seem to download to the browser unless the report is viewed or editted.  Sometimes I also have to re-import the visual from the report edittor.  

MissingTilesScreenshot.jpg

csimon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the feedback.  I don't beleive that i am using any custom visualizations, but i will look at it again.  I appreciate it.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@csimon, what kind of tiles included in the Dashboard in your Content Pack? Reproducing your issue on would be quite helpful to figure out the root cause. 

I am using cards, multi-row cards, stacked and clustered bar and column graphs. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi csimon,

I connect to SSAS Tabular models via live query from Power BI service and then test your scenario, everything works well. Based on your description, users can be taken to the report after clicking the dashboard tile.

I suspect that the issue is related to web browser. Please recommend the user use different web browser such as Chrome and Firefox, then check if dahboard tiles render properly.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The user I am working with uses Firefox.  He also has the same results using Chrome, and on the mobile app on his iphone.

Thank you

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi csimon,

I test the scenario as yours and everything works as expected. Could you please post a screenshot about the dashboard tiles in question? And how about re-pinning reports to your dashboard and recreating the content pack?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The screenshot below is from the mobile app, but the results are the same in the service.  What is strange is that i have given permissions to one of the users who is experiencing this issue and the dashboard renders fine.  Everything is set up the same way with the group and the content pack.  Several of the reports use the same SSAS Tabular models as the dashboard that is giving the issues.PowerBI.PNG

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@csimon i am unable to reproduce your issue. when you say 'empty tile showing power bi icon', do you mean power bi icon before it loads tiles? if yes then it might just be taking long to render visuals. i would say wait a little longer and check, refresh power bi site and check back again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors