Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Link
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard tiles not refreshing after scheduled cache refresh

Hi Team,

I have a dashboard with tiles pinned to it based on a report. The report utilizes scheduled cache refresh every 15mins to an Azure SQL DB via DirectQuery.

Previously the behaviour has been that the tiles will refresh every 15mins in line with the cache refresh, and I have a tile with the 'last refreshed time' displayed to make sure it was up to date. In the last few days I have noticed this is no longer refreshing. I typically have this dashboard open and fullscreen on one of my monitors so I can keep track of it, and the refresh is fairly obvious as the dashboard 'blinks' every time. Manually refreshing the dashboard will align both the data and the refresh time to the last 15 minute block, but this is not optimal as the report is passive monitoring.

The behaviour is the same in both Chrome (default) and Edge.

What factors may be contributing to this functionality not working please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Link
Frequent Visitor

Hi @sdjensen,

Happy to know I'm not losing my mind.

By the looks this morning the functionality is working correctly, something behind the scenes must have been corrected.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Link 

What happens when you trigger the on-demand refresh on the dashboard?

You might just look over the contents of this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#tile-refresh

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft.

I appreciate your response.

As I said in my original post manually refreshing the tiles brings them up to date with the last 15minute cache refresh.

From the article you linked: "tile refresh happens automatically following a data refresh. This is true for both, scheduled and on-demand refresh operations", however I am not experiencing the tiles refreshing after a scheduled refresh. As my application for this report is passive monitoring, it's important to the function of the dashboard that the tiles refresh after a scheduled cache refresh.

Kind regards,

Link.

I have the exact same issue.

We have a big screen in our department showing a Power BI dashboard and it's been running and automatically refreshing for almost a year, but recently (some time in the end of May) the dashboard has stopped refreshing.

I tried rebuilding the dashboard, but this didn't solve our issue.

Our dashboard is based on a On-Prem Analysis Services Tabular model.

/sdjensen
Link
Frequent Visitor

Hi @sdjensen,

Happy to know I'm not losing my mind.

By the looks this morning the functionality is working correctly, something behind the scenes must have been corrected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors