Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jderekc
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dashboard tiles (links) are now inaccessible to users dashboard shared with

Hi,

Recently I made a few changes to a dashboard.  These changes were literally adding a couple of new linked tiles and moving a few others around.  I tested it and a colleague tested it and it worked fine.  However, now all users in the group that have access to this dashboard can no longer get to the reports.  They get errors stating that the report might have been removed.  I tried removing access rights and re-granting them but to no avail.  Does anyone know the solution?  Thanks!

Regards,

Derek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jderekc,

I just tested it again, and I still cannot reproduce the issue(all works fine without any issue). In this scenario, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on this issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick clarifiations:  Is this a dashboard that is shared with them, or a set of reports/dashboards sitting in a workspace that they have access to?

Did these people have power BI open when these changes were made?  Have you had them close their browsers and attempt again with a fresh session?

Hi thanks for responding. This is a dashboard that has been shared with them and had been working perfectly until today. All of a sudden only administrators could open the dashboard and click on the linked tiles. All I did was move a few around and add a couple of new tiles. Users have had their browser caches cleared, tried different browsers, and even tried a user account on my machine that works but all user accounts had same problem.

It looks like it is an absolute necessity to have at least a couple of related live tiles pinned from reports.  It can't just be an image tile and the rest to be text files.  To get it to work I have to pin at least some live tiles.  This is strange and seems like a bug.

Hi @jderekc,

I just verified it again before reporting the issue, but the issue seems to go away and I was not able reproduce it again. So could you go to check if you still have this issue on your environment? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

The issue persists on my end.  Some of the tiles open without issue, but others do not.

dashboardissue.PNG

Thanks!

- Derek

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Let me know what the next steps should be regarding this issue.  Per my last comment, the issue persists for me.  Many thanks!

Regards,

Derek

Hi @jderekc,

I just tested it again, and I still cannot reproduce the issue(all works fine without any issue). In this scenario, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on this issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks!  I created a support ticket.

Hi @jderekc,

According to your description above, I have reproduced the same issue on my environment. I will report this issue internally and post back if there is any feedback. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors