Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arcellie
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard tiles have huge delays rather than reports

Hi all, I've searched for this throught the forums but not found any similar behaviour. When scheduled refresh of reports ends and the report successfully refreshes, there's always from 5 to 10 minutes before dashboard tiles get the refresh as well. The behaviour have been there for some weeks and seems not related to report performance as this one gets updated.

The behaviour is on the mobile app as well.<br>

Just to be clear, the underlying report hasn't get changes for months.

Anyone has faced this kind of issue?<br>

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @arcellie ,

This is not totally unexpected.  According to this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data 

"It can take Power BI up to 60 minutes to refresh a dataset, even once the sync has completed on your local machine and after you've used Refresh now in the Power BI service."

That same article also has a section on Tile Refresh.  Other articles also indicate that it can be 10-15 minutes before a refresh is reflected in dashboard tiles.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
arcellie
Helper I
Helper I

Hi all,

just a brief update: Microsoft informed us about a global Known Issue which is causing defects in dashboard tiles refresh. The worldwide fix was scheduled for November 22th, but it has been rescheduled for the second week of December. 

The actual workaround seems to be only the manual refresh, however it doesn't seem to affect correctly every user on Desktop and moreover on mobile app.

We hope to solve this soon. 😞

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @arcellie ,

This is not totally unexpected.  According to this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data 

"It can take Power BI up to 60 minutes to refresh a dataset, even once the sync has completed on your local machine and after you've used Refresh now in the Power BI service."

That same article also has a section on Tile Refresh.  Other articles also indicate that it can be 10-15 minutes before a refresh is reflected in dashboard tiles.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thanks @collinq !

So if I understand correctly, the behaviour can be triggered by too many tiles on the dashboard or RLS in SSAS (cache issue), correct?

I'm not able to see any cache options in the portal settings, is it a feature for Premium users only?

Thank you very much.

Hi @arcellie ,

Do you mean that you can't find "Scheduled cache refresh" section of the Datasets tab? If yes, please check the connection mode of your dataset. If the datasets in import mode, this section will not be available. It will display when the datasets are in DirectQuery/LiveConnect mode. However, if I misunderstand your question, please correct me and provide more detail. Thank you.

Announcing Custom Cache Refresh Schedules in the Power BI Service

Scheduled cache refresh.JPG

Best Regards
Rena
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

actually I've that options and they're configured. 

I was referring to this one, but I premuse it's related to the connector used:

arcellie_0-1603098474603.png

Today refresh time was reduced than usual. I can suppose it could also be affected by some network circumstances.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi @arcellie ,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, the section "Query Caching" is only available on Power BI Premium or Power BI Embedded. You can find the details in the following documentation.

Query caching in Power BI Premium/Embedded

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors