Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard tiles are not refreshing when datasets and reports have been refreshed

I have created a dashboard on PowerBi.com that has pinned tiles that are not updating when the content updates, and I'm not sure why.

How my dashboard was created:

1. Used PowerBI Desktop to import Excel Files
  2. After importing Excel files into PBI Desktop, I created a report
  3. Published the Report and its dataset to PowerBI.com by using the "publish" button
  4. Navigated to the report on PowerBI.com and clicked "Pin Visual" to the dashboard
  5. Went to the dashboard and verified the tile was there (and displayed correctly)
  6. Updated Excel file and refreshed PowerBI Desktop to reflect updated data
  7. Published updated PowerBI file
  8. Went to PowerBI.com and saw the report (and its visuals) were updated
  9. Went to the dashboard and saw that the visuals on the dash were NOT updated

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

If you mean you change the visualization type on report, but the dashboard doesn't reflect, this is a limitation.

See more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-tiles#considerations-and-troubleshooting

• If the original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn't change. For example, if you pin a line chart from a report and then you change the line chart to a bar chart, the dashboard tile continues to show a line chart. The data refreshes, but the visualization type does not.

If you mean the data on the dashboard doesn't refresh along with report and dataset.

In this scenario, I think you just need to configure the a schedule refresh on your dataset. And you just need to update data at your data source side.

For Dashboard Tiles, we have tile refresh which occurs every 15 minutes. For more details, please see: Data refresh in Power BI

If you are using the On-Premise Gateway and have it refeshing via a schedule your Dashboard tiles will update automatically after the scheduled refresh.

see more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Best regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors