Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ledoyle1121
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard tabs duplicating after publishing/updating App

Hi,

I've noticed that in my dashboard, one of the tabs has been duplicating when I publish to my App. My file has several tabs in it, but for some reason one of the tabs in particular is showing up multiple times, even after I publish my dashboard from Desktop to Service and update the App. I even tried hiding the particular tab in Desktop and then re-publishing to Service and updating the App again, but it doesn't make a difference. 

The tab that is being duplicated, shows up 3 times in the App, but only once in the file on the Desktop. This is not a new tab, rather something that I've had in my file for a few months now. I haven't edited any of the information on the tab in quite some time, so I'm not sure why this particular tab is duplicating when I publish. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ledoyle1121,

I could not reproduce the same problem on my side. I would suggest you create a support ticket for further analysis.

Besides, please try:

• Sign out and sign in again to service.
  • Clear the browser cache.
  • Switch a different browser. 

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ledoyle1121,

I could not reproduce the same problem on my side. I would suggest you create a support ticket for further analysis.

Besides, please try:

• Sign out and sign in again to service.
  • Clear the browser cache.
  • Switch a different browser. 

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @ledoyle1121,

I ended up having the exact same issue as you: 

- everything is fine in my Power BI Desktop file, no tab duplicate,

- everything is fine in the Workspace, no tab duplicate,

- once I publish the app, one of the tabs shows twice.

I republish the PBIX file and the app but it does not fix the issue.

Can you share how you ended up fixing your issue?

Thanks a lot !!!

Hi!

I ended up opening a support ticket with Microsoft and they suggested an initial workaround of creating a new App and publishing the file to that new App to see if it duplicated the tab again (which it did). Ultimately, the workaround I was given was:

"Please use the toggle select functionality in the App workspace content list to not include the report to the App first, then update the App. So the report gets removed from the App. Then include the report in the App workspace and update the App to include this report again."

Once I toggled the "Included in App" button from the Report list of my App, and then published everything again, it no longer was duplicating. Which was a huge relief because throughout all of the testing the tab ended up displaying 17 times and I wasn't sure how much more I could take haha

Hope this helps!

This worked!

Many many thanks!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors