cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SinduN Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Dashboard sync

I have 2 SSAS models that have some common objects liek Material, Customer, Brand etc.

When I create power BI reports using direct query on the SSAS models can I add them to teh same dashboard and have the Slicers/filters sync. Ex: When I click on the Brand Slicer on the dashboard both the reports should only show information for the Brand. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dashboard sync

Hi @SinduN,

It's the composite model in your scenario. Unfortunately, the live connection (Direct Query with SSAS) isn't supported for now. Please refer to desktop-composite-models#limitations-and-considerations and power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34922932-composite-models-when-connected-to-sql-server-anal.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SinduN,

It's the composite model in your scenario. Unfortunately, the live connection (Direct Query with SSAS) isn't supported for now. Please refer to desktop-composite-models#limitations-and-considerations and power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34922932-composite-models-when-connected-to-sql-server-anal.

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SinduN Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you Dale. So both dashboards has to be in one powerBI model so that teh filters/slicers are in sync. I cant pin 2 different dashboards from 2 different powerBI models  and have slicer with common objects. Am I correct?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Yes, you are right. there aren't any connections or relationships between two Power BI models. 

Best Regards,
Dale