Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AhmedIsmail
Regular Visitor

Dashboard refresh

dashboard didn't refresh data after updating the report ?Smiley Indifferent

6 REPLIES 6
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@AhmedIsmail @Seth_C_Bauer That's true. It seems that dashboard doesn't refresh even after reports are being refreshed. Sometimes I need to repin the visualization again to reflect updated values on dashboard. But Q&A figues seems to be updated well. Don't know if this is an issue or not

This has been notified and acknowledged by Support, I suppose that they still require sometimes to find the bug that blocks the refreshing of the dashboard.

Note: refreshing on a free account has NO effect whatsoever on the dashboard. Refreshing is a feature that seems (as of this momment) to be active for the PRO users.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Are there any updates on this ?

Cheers,

Dan

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Dashboard tiles maintain all of the filter context in place at the time of pinning. If you pinned a visual after applying filters in the report, whatever filters were active when you pinned remain active on the dasbhoard. If you had filtered to a specific week, for example, the dashboard tile will always show data for just that week.

I do not know if this is precisely the issue you're seeing, but it is a common point of confusion for dashboard functionality.

It normally takes about 10-15 minutes for the dashboard tiles to refresh. Has it been longer than that? Also, be sure to "refresh" your browser (F5) when you check.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

yes its take longer than 15 min also after broser refresh Smiley Sad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors