Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lcampos
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard refresh

Hi all.

We're creating some dashboards on Power BI desktop,using direct query (we're connecting our reports/dashboards into a sql server 2014 enterprise edition machine)  and we would like to display the dashboard on a tv/monitor.

But we're facing some issues with the dashboard refresh.

Even using the direct query, the dashboard content are not being updated.

However, if i press F5 or  hit the refresh buttom , the dashboard charts gets updated.

is this the expected behavior?

We would like some kind of automated refresh (without manual intervention).

Also if we refresh the browser, the dashboard page gets out of the fullscreem mode.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lcampos,

If there is loading icon(power bi icon), i think there are some problems with your datasets or gateway. Are you using Direct Query for on-premise sources?

• if yes, did you configure gateway for it and how about its status now? 

Screenshot 2017-01-07 09.05.28.pngScreenshot 2017-01-07 09.07.09.png

• if no (using cloud sources like azure db/dw), could you please check again permission/firewall for your current sign in account or could edit your current credential and sign in again to renew connection?.

Screenshot 2017-01-07 09.01.09.pngScreenshot 2017-01-07 09.01.13.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gauravbi
Regular Visitor

This chrome extension did trick for us.

https://spgaurav.blogspot.com/2019/04/chrome-plugin-to-auto-refresh-power-bi.html

Note : This wont work with full sceen

tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @lcampos,

Even though you are using Direct Query for reports & Dashboard, Tiles in Dashboard maybe take some lagging/delay about one hour. You could manually observe the refreshing by click to Open Menu of top right corner of tile and choose Tile Detils -> Technical Detais (or you could choose show Display last refresh time)

Screenshot 2017-01-07 00.24.18.pngScreenshot 2017-01-07 00.24.44.png

(Model/data refresh meaning)

Hi @tringuyenminh92 

Thanks for the repply.

Indeed, i can see the details about the last refresh using this menu.

Its seems that , the dashboard tile is trying to refresh, but the refresh is failing (the tile is gone and there's the power bi icon on the midle of a blank  screen).
Have you seem this before?

Thanks

Hi @lcampos,

If there is loading icon(power bi icon), i think there are some problems with your datasets or gateway. Are you using Direct Query for on-premise sources?

• if yes, did you configure gateway for it and how about its status now? 

Screenshot 2017-01-07 09.05.28.pngScreenshot 2017-01-07 09.07.09.png

• if no (using cloud sources like azure db/dw), could you please check again permission/firewall for your current sign in account or could edit your current credential and sign in again to renew connection?.

Screenshot 2017-01-07 09.01.09.pngScreenshot 2017-01-07 09.01.13.png

Hi @tringuyenminh92

Thanks again for the response, and sorry for the delay on my feedback.

We're using Direct Query for on-premise!
I'm not sure if we were facing some network( or any other issue) with our gateway on last week, but now , its seems that our dashboard tiles are up to date and as far as i could see, they're being refreshed every 15/16 minutes.

Again, thanks for your time to help me.

Regards,

Luiz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors