cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandhya_vsr1
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard refresh issues (using import data mode with Azure SQL)

Hi all,

I have around 10 reports and all of them are using import mode with Azure SQL as source.

till date I was using manual refresh , and everytime we get new data quarterly am performing manual refresh reports and recreating dashboard with new data from reports.

I think this is not the right way to get new data on to dashboard cards. since couple of days am trying to find how we can refresh dashboard when there is new data added n reports are refreshed.

Now all my reports are having new data and I have manully refreshed , but my dashboard is still showing last quarter's data on cards.

how we can achieve auto refresh on dashboard cards?

will it work only when we refresh the reports using schedued refresh?

please let me know your suggestions.

TIA,

Sandhya

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

any type of refresh (manual,scheduled, API) will work for import mode sources. BUT - the refresh has to be successful.  Failed refreshes will not do anything for the display.

An alternative is to connect to the Azure database in direct query mode.

My DAX statement was taken out of context.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 24 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Ted's Dev Camp - July 28, 2022

Watch Session 24 of Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors