Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JTownsend

Dashboard pinned report showing old data

I created a report that is connected to a gateway and is automatically refreshed, that works fine.  On the report I have a slicer for the date and one for the tools that I am reporting data on.  I selected the 18th, which was the current day at the time, on the slicer and then pinned the report to a dashboard.

Several days have gone by and the report has refreshed as it should. But the report 'Image' on the dashboard still shows data from the 18th. If I click on the dashboard report image and open the report it has all the new data.

Is it a rule of thumb to not have anything selected when you pin a report? Is it a 'feature' or a 'bug' ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@JTownsend

Due to further testing and researching, I’ve found this “issue” has nothing to do with slicer. Any visual pinned individually shows as a snapshot, opposite to “pin live page”.

So I think this is just a cool feature, according to the BOL(not literally but some hint).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@JTownsend

Due to further testing and researching, I’ve found this “issue” has nothing to do with slicer. Any visual pinned individually shows as a snapshot, opposite to “pin live page”.

So I think this is just a cool feature, according to the BOL(not literally but some hint).

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@JTownsend

Thanks for your feedback. That behavior can be reproduced as well and I have already reported this internnally.

I would post back timely when there come's any update.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@JTownsend

On top of what kcantor mentioned dashboard tiles get refreshed approx every 15 minutes but you should pin it without selecting slicer. If you want your user to use slicer in dashboard then use pin live page.
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I actually had this exact same issue and worked with the team to sort it out. If  you have it filtered to a date prior to pinning it, the pinned version will not change. It is almost like a snapshot. If you want it to change, I would recommend pinning the live page. Since I have switched all of mine to live, no problems.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors