Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

snowlockk

Dashboard permissions

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting ssrs 2016 to Power BI. When I click the upload button I getc the following error. 

2016_04_05_10_54_46_Annual_Spend_Per_head_Reporting_Services_Web_Portal_Internet_Explorer.png

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? 

5 REPLIES 5
Keith

Hi, I am having the exact same issue.

Dashboards exist in powerbi and on the site.

SSRS server has been registered.

User has been registered.

Yet when pinning a report image or chart I keep getting a pop-up sayin that I need to have a dashboard that I can pin items too.

I have also cleared browser cache and settings.

What could possibly be the solution ?

I only have a free account and therefore cannot make groups, could that be the issue ? From the microsoft documentation I understand that this should work for free users too.

Br,

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@snowlockk are you still having this issue? I have successfully pinned reporting services visual in powerbi.

austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You need a place to put your SSRS report in Power BI - it wants to pin the report to a dashboard.

No problem, sign into Power BI and create a dashboard LINK

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

I already have a dashboard created. I've checked that the accounts are the same. I've unregistered and reregistered Power BI in the report services config manager. Basically reset everything up and still no luck

ok, that's out of my wheelhouse - you might want to change the name of this post to include SSRS to try to grab the attention of some SSRS folks who could help

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors