Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KasperZ
Regular Visitor

Dashboard on screen on shared computer

Hi,

I'm currently working on a dashboard to show on a screen in our oganisation.

The screen is on a remote desktop that a couple of users have access to. 

Is it possible to show the dashboard without giving all the other users access to my office 365 account?

I cannot use publish to web as the data is not public.

Thanks,

Kasper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@KasperZ

No, it's not possible. In Power BI Services, the dashboards must be shared to users.

In this secnario, your users suppose to log in the shared computer with their own credentials, so each user is still using a different account to log in Power BI Services. You have to give the access to that dashboard for all users. 

You don't need to concern too much about the privacy because each user can only view that dashboard. They can't edit or access other data under your account.

Reference:
How should I share Power BI dashboards and reports?
Share a dashboard with colleagues and others

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@KasperZ

No, it's not possible. In Power BI Services, the dashboards must be shared to users.

In this secnario, your users suppose to log in the shared computer with their own credentials, so each user is still using a different account to log in Power BI Services. You have to give the access to that dashboard for all users. 

You don't need to concern too much about the privacy because each user can only view that dashboard. They can't edit or access other data under your account.

Reference:
How should I share Power BI dashboards and reports?
Share a dashboard with colleagues and others

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors