Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jfiorillo
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard not available in App

I have 4 reports and 1 dashboard in a workspace and when I try to publish to the app the dashboard is not included.  All of the reports are available but not the dashboard.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thanks Dale.  I decided to the delete the dashboard and I just recreated it again and it worked fine.  Now my dashboard shows up in the content and I can select the dashboard as the landing page.  This was not an option withthe previous dashboard. 

App Space.JPG

View solution in original post

jfiorillo
Helper I
Helper I

I think the issue was related to pinning a metric from a usage report.  I ran a usage report and pinned a visual to a dashboard but did not save the report.  

Once I removed the visual from the dashboard I was able to publish it to the App.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jfiorillo
Helper I
Helper I

I think the issue was related to pinning a metric from a usage report.  I ran a usage report and pinned a visual to a dashboard but did not save the report.  

Once I removed the visual from the dashboard I was able to publish it to the App.  

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jfiorillo,

Could you please mark your answer as solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jfiorillo,

Could you please post a snapshot of your issue? The whole App workspace would be selected automatically when you went to publish it.

Dashboard not available in App.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Dale.  I decided to the delete the dashboard and I just recreated it again and it worked fine.  Now my dashboard shows up in the content and I can select the dashboard as the landing page.  This was not an option withthe previous dashboard. 

App Space.JPG

Hi @jfiorillo,

A little weird. I'm glad your issue is resolved.

Best Regards!

Dale

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jfiorillo

Can you try and update the App, and verify in the Content Section that you have selected App Landing Page to be the Dashboard and not a report page.

As you can see below I have selected my Dashboard. If you select a report page, it will never show the dashboard for the App

Email Pic (1).png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors