cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard not available in App

I have 4 reports and 1 dashboard in a workspace and when I try to publish to the app the dashboard is not included.  All of the reports are available but not the dashboard.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Dashboard not available in App

Thanks Dale.  I decided to the delete the dashboard and I just recreated it again and it worked fine.  Now my dashboard shows up in the content and I can select the dashboard as the landing page.  This was not an option withthe previous dashboard. 

App Space.JPG

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I think the issue was related to pinning a metric from a usage report.  I ran a usage report and pinned a visual to a dashboard but did not save the report.  

Once I removed the visual from the dashboard I was able to publish it to the App.  

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Hi @jfiorillo

Can you try and update the App, and verify in the Content Section that you have selected App Landing Page to be the Dashboard and not a report page.

As you can see below I have selected my Dashboard. If you select a report page, it will never show the dashboard for the App

Email Pic (1).png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @jfiorillo,

Could you please post a snapshot of your issue? The whole App workspace would be selected automatically when you went to publish it.

Dashboard not available in App.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Dale.  I decided to the delete the dashboard and I just recreated it again and it worked fine.  Now my dashboard shows up in the content and I can select the dashboard as the landing page.  This was not an option withthe previous dashboard. 

App Space.JPG

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @jfiorillo,

A little weird. I'm glad your issue is resolved.

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @jfiorillo,

Could you please mark your answer as solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I think the issue was related to pinning a metric from a usage report.  I ran a usage report and pinned a visual to a dashboard but did not save the report.  

Once I removed the visual from the dashboard I was able to publish it to the App.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors