Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

musgrach
Regular Visitor

Dashboard locked

Hello

I am new to power BI; I have done some tutorials.

I created three power BI reports that seem to do what I expect.

I published the reports to the power bi service and pinned them to a new dashboard, power bi service put each report on a different page in the dashboard and will not let me move the reports, it is like I am a view only user of my own dashboard. I tried to delete the dashboard and recreate it a number of times, but it does the same thing each time.

Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone might be able to supply

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you pinned your Report Visual into a dashboard, did you click the thumbtack icon on the specific visual?  Did you select "New Dashboard" for the first visual, but then existing dashboard for each subsequent?

Once you have your dashboard, using this method, each visual should be a Tile.  These tiles will snap to a grid.

The alternate method of creating a dashboard is called "Pin Live Page".  This operates in a different manner, by pinning a whole report page as a complete dashboard tile.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors