Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vsmurli
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Dashboard in Power BI Service vs in Subscription Email (Top is cut off and Different Colors)

Hi,

Experiencing an annoying issue here.

Summary:

- Dashboard in Power BI Service looks great.

- Dashboard snapshot shown in Email Body (received via Email by those who have Subscribed to the Dashboard) is cut off at the top.  Also, the Colors in two of the visuals are different than those displayed in the Dashboard in the Power BI Service.

- Dashboard snapshot shown in Email Attachment (received by Dashboard Subscribers) displays different colors than those displayed in the Dashboard on in the Power BI Service.

Snapshots below:

Here is my dashboard as seen in the Power BI Service, which is the way I want it to appear.

Dashboard in Power BI ServiceDashboard in Power BI Service

However, Subscribers receiving the Dashboard via Email are receiving this in their Email body.  (Issue #1: Top of Dashboard is cut off (See Arrow).  Issue #2: Top two charts have different Formatting colors (See Circled part) -- Green above=Good, but Red below=Bad.)

Dashboard snapshot in Email BodyDashboard snapshot in Email Body

In the Subscribed Email attachment, the issue where the top is cut off is resolved, but the Color Formatting issue still exists.

Dashboard snapshot in Email AttachmentDashboard snapshot in Email Attachment

Please advise.  Is this a bug?

If anyone else can simply confirm they are experiencing similar issues or know how to resolve, that would be helpful.

Much thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vsmurli,

Based on my test, it seemed work on my side:

Dashboard:

2.PNG

Email view(Outlook):

1.PNG

Could you please offer more information about how could you create your dashboard and which email you are using that I could test again for you?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Daniel,

Thanks for the prompt response and your test.  It is much appreciated.  I will try again and see if the problem persists.

I will try a test with a very 'short' dashboard and also a very 'tall' dashboard and see if there is any difference in behavior (to see if a 'tall' dashboard causes the top to get cut off in the email body).

I am also not sure why the colors in the dashboard show up different in the Power BI Service as opposed to in the email.

Let me try a few things, and if the problem persists, I will follow up with you.

We can also see if anyone else happens to see this and is experiencing the same issue.

Best Regards.

Hi @vsmurli ,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered to close this topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, Issue with Dashboard image in Email Body is still occurring where the image is cut-off at the top.

Image in Email Body is cut off at top.Image in Email Body is cut off at top.

Image in Email Attachment is OK.  It is not cut off.Image in Email Attachment is OK. It is not cut off.

The issue seems to occur with "tall" dashboards.  My current dashboard has a height of 20 tile units.  It seems that a dashboard that has a height of 19 units or less will render fully.  However, any dashboard taller than 19 will get cut off at the top.  (This is regardless of number of tiles.  My current dashboard only has 17 total tiles.)

Is there any plan to raise these limitations?  In large enterprises, I believe this limit (25 tiles and height of 19 tile units) is too small.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors