Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Strizzolo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dashboard in Live Connection does not automatically refresh

Hi,

I have a dashboard containing a single tile. This tile refers to a visual coming from a Live connected report (Tabular 2019, PBI August update).

I already set the Sheduled cache refresh (on the dataset options) every 15 minutes.

The report automatically updates itself correctly, while the dashboard does not (I have to manually update it).

Solutions provided here do not work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have the same issue, nothing above has helped. I have been in contact with support and though they recognize this as a reproducable issue they have no solution to fix it. Granted Microsoft supprt is a third party team that only knows troubleshooting techniques posted in forums and have little communication with development teams or anyone inside microsoft (or so it seems). 

Created my own post before finding this one see link below. 
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Dashboard-Schedule-Refresh-no-longer-working/idc-p/1338033#M...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Strizzolo 

I suggest clearing browser cache or change another browser then try it again.

And then kindly enable "Display last refresh time" for the dashboard to test if the tie is refreshed.

Please note that dashboards are updated automatically per dashboard owner configuration. Dashboards that are based on Direct Query connections have an automatic update about every fifteen minutes, so triggering a manual refresh will result in getting the latest data from the connected model.

see Video in the release blog:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-mobile-apps-feature-summary-august-2016/

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Have the same issue, nothing above has helped. I have been in contact with support and though they recognize this as a reproducable issue they have no solution to fix it. Granted Microsoft supprt is a third party team that only knows troubleshooting techniques posted in forums and have little communication with development teams or anyone inside microsoft (or so it seems). 

Created my own post before finding this one see link below. 
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Dashboard-Schedule-Refresh-no-longer-working/idc-p/1338033#M...

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have had it working for me without any issues.

Could you possibly clear your browser cache?

Also can you see the scheduled refresh working in the dataset settings under the Refresh History?

If it is still not working I would suggest logging a support ticket?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors